Below are my notes on each of the thirteen novels longlisted for the 2021 Booker Prize. They were originally published weekly, between the announcement of the longlist on 27 Jul 2021, and the final award ceremony on 3 Nov 2021.
NB. The pieces linked below often discuss the entire book; proceed at risk of spoilers.
- Anuk Arudpragasam — A Passage North
- Rachel Cusk — Second Place
- Damon Galgut — The Promise
- Nathan Harris — The Sweetness of Water
- Kazuo Ishiguro — Klara and the Sun
- Karen Jennings — An Island
- Mary Lawson — A Town Called Solace
- Patricia Lockwood — No One Is Talking About This
- Nadifa Mohamed — The Fortune Men
- Richard Powers – Bewilderment
- Sunjeev Sahota — China Room
- Maggie Shipstead — Great Circle
- Francis Spufford — Light Perpetual